1950, Maryland, USA
Training / Education:
- 1968-1973 George Washington University. B.A. in Fine Arts and Ceramics. Washington, D.C.
- 1971 Keramiikka-Ateljee Kurtze. Apprenticeship in ceramics. Mantsala, Finland. .
- 1997-2006 Maryland Institute College of Art. Certificate in Jewelry with Honors. Baltimore, MD.
- 1998 Penland School of Crafts. Mixed Media Jewelry, Keith LoBue.
- 1999 Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. Jewelry, Joe Wood. Haystack, Maine.
- 1976-1982 Torpedo Factory Art Center. Alexandria, VA. Raku Ceramics.
- 1974- Independent Studio Artist. Ceramics, Mixed Media, Jewelry.
Exhibitions (Solo & Group Shows):
- 2011 Art Palm Beach. Charon Kransen Arts. NY, NY.
- 2010 Metal Inclinations International 2. Juried online exhibition at www.smmmetalinclinations.org/
- 2010 SOFA Chicago. repr by Charon Kransen Arts. NY, NY.
- 2010 SOFA West Santa Fe. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts. NY, NY.
- 2010 SOFA New York. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts. NY, NY.
- 2010 Hard Brilliance:Diverse Approaches in Contemporary Enameling Pratt Fine Arts Center. Seattle, WA.
- 2010 Art Palm Beach. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts.
- 2010 Miami Int. Art Fair. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts.
- 2009 SOFA Chicago. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts.
- 2009 Evoking Mystery De Novo Fine Contemporary Jewelry Gallery. Palo Alto, CA.curated by Charon Kransen
- 2009 SOFA WEST Santa Fe. repr. by Charon Kransen Arts.
- 2009 Spring News From Washington, D.C. Craft House Gallery. Seoul, Korea.
- 2008 Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show. Philadelphia, PA.
- 2008 American Craft Exposition. Evanston, IL.
- 2008 Refined: Abundance V. Juror: Charon Kransen. Stephen F. Austin Gallery. Nacogdoches, TX.
- 2008 U.S. Embassy Korea Public Diplomacy Program. American Craft Lecturer and Exhibitor. Kookmin University. Seoul, Korea; Heyri Art Valley, Korea.
- 2008 Anti-War Medals Show. Shaw Gallery, North East Harbor, ME.
- 2008 Composting Good and Evil: Redesign for Sanctimonius Sinners. www.EthicalMetalsmiths.org
- 2007 Anti-War Medals Show. Thomas Mann's I/O Gallery. New Orleans,
- 2007 On Fire! Enamels Exhibition.Juror:Linda Darty. Gallery MIM. Baltimore, MD.
- 2004 Two. Juror: Michael Monroe. All-Russian Decorative, Applied and Folk Art Museum. Moscow, Russia.
- 2002 Progressions. OXOXO Gallery. Baltimore, MD.
Awards / Grants:
- 2008 American Craft Exposition Artist Award of Excellence. Evanston, IL.
- 2008 NICHE Professional Award. Finalist, Metals: Enamels
- 2007 Jewelry Arts Award. Finalist: Brooches. Lapidary Journal/Jewelry Artist
- 2006 Honors Award: Jewelry. Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD.
- 2011 Best of 500 Jewelry Desings. Lark Books. Sterling Publishing Co.
- 2011 500 Silver Jewelry Designs. Lark Books. Sterling Publishing Co.
- 2010 Pendants: Studio Series. Lark Books. Sterling Publishing Co.
- 2009 500 Enameled Objects. Lark Books. Sterling Publishing Co
- 2008 Art Jewelry Today II. Schiffer Publishing. PA.
- 2008 500 Pendants & Lockets. Lark Books. Sterling Publishing Co
- 2008 The Art of Jewelry: Plastic and Resin. Lark Books. Sterling Publish.
- 2007 Lapidary Journal & Jewelry Artist Magazine. 2007 Awards Issue.
- 2005 Fabulous Jewelry and Found Objects. Lark Books. Sterling Publish.
- 2005 Platinum. (Russian jewelry magazine) Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- 2004 Two Capitals: Contemporary Jewelry. BelyGorad Publish. Moscow, Russia.
The seductive, temporal character of the natural world with it's quirky technicolor architecture clamors for my attention as an artist. All that sumptuous, unabashed beauty is purposeful, and it sweeps me away as a voyeur to the spectacle.